Tuesday 3 June 2014

Bows before Hoe's

One of the new things I tried and fell in love was cheerleading. When I started university I wanted to find a new sport something I hadn't done before, and cheerleading fit the bill straight away, its perfect for me, a girly yet fun sport. The cheerleading team at the university of derby (Team Derby Ravens) is a stunt team, so this involves throwing people in the air and catching them, so it can be very dangerous at times, I have already dislocated three fingers. Cheerleading requires a lot of effort and dedication; from working at the gym to improve your stamina to stretching every night to work on your splits. One thing that is great about cheerleading and particularly Team Derby Ravens is that it is a team sport and very much a family.

Within this team I work in a pod of 4, this involves two bases, a flyer and the back ( me).

As you can see everyone has great fun whilst performing, the photo above is from the universities national competition; we came 6th in our category. We also cheer at the side of matches for other university teams, showing our support.
So that is a little more about my life, and about the things I get up to and LOVE.

Ciao

Ruth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment